Sunday, August 31, 2008
Photography Practice 2 : Dalandan Plus a Tag
Dalandan is the Filipino name for Kahel oranges, one of the many varieties of oranges. It has a shiny bright green skin, even when ripe; and equally stunning bright orange pulp and juice. Dalandan now comes in seedless forms, so that is the kind I bought.
The kids love Dalandan juice. It is so easy to make, you do not need a juicer. Wash the whole dalandan first. Even if we are not eating the skin, I am particular about cleaning the fruits thoroughly. (I am conscious of the pesticides and other chemical sprays on the produce.) Cut the dalandan in half. Simply squeeze the dalandan with your clean hands into a pitcher. Double up the amount of juice with water. Add sugar and ice cubes. Enjoy!
Kitchen Flavors tagged me with 6 quirky things I do, so here they go. Just please do not laugh if you find my habits too wierd :)
1. The first thing I do when I wake up is to get my cel phone and text my textmates.
2. Before I go to sleep, I have to play Zuma (its an old game) on the computer. It makes me feel sleepy.
3. Like Kitchen Flavors, I also do not eat when Hubby is not home. Well, when I become too hungry, I do not cook, I just get biscuits or cookies... :)
4. I personally tutor my kids. Though they go to school, I always add my lessons. I tell their teachers not to give them assignments/homeworks anymmore because they already have lots of homework to do with me.
5. I always have to drink hot coffee (double cream, no sugar please) with my breakfast.
6. I cannot go out without powder on my face :)
I would love to tag everybody who reads my blog. Just link back here so I can read about your quirks too. :)
It is fun to play! It is also a great way for us to know more about each other!
Some tagging rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you - that's me.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the blogger's blogs letting them know they have been tagged.
Hmmm... I would love to tag a lot of bloggers,
Aaah! Let me go take a sip of this refreshing juice first... :)