Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cheezy Beefy Twirls



Last week, I bought a bottle of cheese Ragu for the first time. I thought of making good ol' Mac and Cheese with the cheese Ragu. Daughter would love it for sure. I have not done Macaroni and Cheese for a long time. Before, I would use cottage cheese or cheddar cheese. This time, I just wanted to try this bottle. Ready made ragu is supposed to be easy to use. Simply pour over cooked macaroni and it is ready to eat. But then, I woould not blog about it if I made it that simple. :) Actually, I simply added beef for more protein, and bell peppers for colorand vitamins, and voila! it became a yummy dish!

I discovered these colorful veggie twirls in my pantry. This is how they looked after boiling. The colors did not fade away! Woohoo! I used these instead of macaroni.




1 package veggie pasta twirls, cooked according to package directions

1 (32 oz) bottle cheese ragu
1 onion, chopped
2 bell peppers, seeded, chopped
250 gms lean ground beef
ground pepper to taste

1. In a little oil, saute the onions until caramelized.

2. Add the beef and saute until cooked. Add the bell peppers and the cheese. Let boil. Add ground pepper to taste. (I did not add salt as the cheese was already flavorful.

3. Toss the pasta with the sauce. Serve immediately.


See? Easy peasy Macaroni and Cheese made more nutritious!




The above is how it looked with the sauce poured on top of the spirals.

The photo under is how it looks when the sauce is already tossed with the spirals. It may not look good, but it certainly is flavorful. Daughter even asked for the leftovers to be her lunch the next day!





Sharing this cheezy twirls with the Presto Pasta Nights community, headed by Ruth of Once Upon a Feast. This week's host, the last edition for the year, is C of Foodie Tots. To see last week's delicious pasta dishes, please check out the round-up wonderfully done by Marye of Baking Delights.

4 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

I'm drooling! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. I can't wait to see what you come up with in 2009!

Have a happy holiday season.

Soli Deo Gloria said...

Merry Christmas Ruth! Looking forward to PPN! :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks so very, very good! We all need some quick and easy recipes when times get busy.

Soli Deo Gloria said...

Yes, Mary, in the holiday rush, I no choice but serve quick, fuzz-free dishes! :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs