Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dijon Crusted Fish Fillets


We saw some nice frozen white cobbler fish at S & R Membership Shopping Store. The price is quite reasonable so we bought several packs. We were pleasantly surprised to find this meaty fish deliciously soft and flaky when cooked. This fish will be included again in our next shopping trip.

I would usually sprinkle the fish fillets with salt, pepper, and dill then cover both sides with olive oil before grilling them on my stove-top grill. The only variation I have is to change the type of pepper I use. Sometimes I would use the cayenne pepper, sometimes the Japanese chili pepper. I was looking for a different way to cook the fish fillets and this is what I found. If you like the taste of mustard and horseradish (we do!) then you will definitely enjoy this dish!


2 pieces cobbler fish fillets, each cut in half
1/4 C mayonnaise
1 T dijon mustard
1 T prepared horseradish
1/4 C bread crumbs
1 T grated parmesan cheese

more parmesan cheese and bread crumbs for sprinkling.
some olive oil or butter


1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a baking dish.

2. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, and horseradish. Stir in bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Dip each fish fillet in this mixture. Make sure both sides are covered. Lay down on the prepared baking dish. Do the same with the other fish fillet pieces.

3. Sprinkle more parmesan cheese on top of the fish fillet and some more bread cumbs. Dot wil butter or sprinkle with a little olive oil.

4. Bake for 18 - 20 min, or until fish is cooked.

5. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having not tied Japanese Cobbler before I was pleasantly surprised to even find a recipe for it and this recipe is fantastic! Cooking without some kind of sauce is unusual for me :- The fish remained moist yet stayed firm. I recommend you try it.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs