Monday, January 28, 2008
Golden Banana Cake
Does this Banana Cake look yummy? You know? It is even more delicious than it looks. Daughter declared it is the best Banana Cake she has ever tasted! Actually, I got this recipe from Market Manila's website. He in turn, got it from Francois Payard's Sensational Desserts Book. Market Man gave this recipe a stunning review, to quote, "It was moist, light, highly flavorful and aromatic and not excessively sweet. It did not rely on vanilla to add taste and it satisfied even the strongest craving for banana cake."
With a review like that, of course I was tempted to try out the recipe! And yes, it turned out to be sensational!
1 C all-purpose flour
1/8 t baking powder
pinch of baking soda
4 large eggs
1/2 C unsalted butter
1.5 T olive oil
3/4 C sugar ( I used brown sugar)
1.5 ripe lacatan bananas, peeled and mashed (Actually, I used Cavendish Bananas)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease an 8" or 9" loaf pan with butter and sprinkle with flour, removing excess flour.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, mix butter, olive oil and sugar at low speed. Add 1 egg at a time and beat at higher speed until fully mixed.
3. Add mashed banana. Add flour mixture and stop soon after. Do not overbeat.
4. Scrape the batter into prepared pan and put in the preheated oven.
5. Bake for about 40 to 50 min until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool before serving.