Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chicken with Mango


This is my version of Chicken with Mango, inspired by Wandering Chopstick's Chicken Mango. Her Chicken Mango looks so delicious, I knew I just had to try it.

I used the commercially available white chicken, since the flavorful native chicken is hard to find. But the mango and fish sauce were able to add in full flavor to the chicken well. I also did not have bell peppers on hand, so I substituted with green onion leeks instead.


1/2 Kilo Chicken, sliced
2 mangoes, seed removed, meat sliced
3 T cooking oil
2 slices ginger
3 T garlic, minced
2 T fish sauce
1 T cornstarch
2 T water
1 bunch leeks, sliced into 1 inch length
salt and pepper to taste

1. Marinate chicken meat in fish sauce. Add in cornstarch just before cooking.

2. Heat up the wok. Add in the cooking oil. Saute ginger and garlic until fragrant but not burnt.

3. Add in chicken slices. Stir fry for a while. Add in a little water. Continue stir frying until meat is cooked. Add in the mangoes. Stir fry a little more, this time gently so that the mangoes will not be squished.

4. Add in the leeks. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dish up. Serve warm.


The result? It may not look as good as Wandering Chopstick's Chicken Mango, but it surely tastes good. Hubby and kids finished everything in one sitting!

4 comments:

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

At least you have Philippine mangoes, which are the best, even if you don't have the native chicken. . .I can imagine how delicious that combination is going to be! Notwithstanding this "dream team," the one you have already looks yummy.

Wandering Chopsticks said...

It looks great to me. And after reading Burnt Lumpia's description of Philippine mangoes, I'm really curious to taste the difference.

Soli Deo Gloria said...

oh yes, I should have emphasized that it's Philippine mangoes I'm using. I'm sure that made all the difference in the world. :)

A Scientist in the Kitchen said...

Chicken and mangoes! Sayang I didn't read about this when we had the mango harvest and we had lots of native chicken at home. Anyway, hope to try like you did.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs